Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The 90 Day Plan


I came across my resolutions for 2009 yesterday. As I read through the list, I noticed I had not quite fulfilled all of the changes I had set for myself. There are roughly 90 days until the clock strikes at midnight for 2010. In the meantime, I am working diligently to complete this list.

1. I will not sit in my living room all day in my nightgown. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom. Well, this one is still a work in progress, maybe I'll just move my bed into the living room.

2. I will no longer waste my time reliving the past, instead I will spend it worrying about the future. Check, I have taken this task a step further, now I don't worry about either.

3. I will do less laundry and use more deodorant. Check, Secret Clinical Strength Sport in the Marathon Fresh scent really works!

4. I will brush my teeth with the bristle end of the brush. Check, no more bleeding gums.

5. Assure my lawyer that I will never again show up drunk at my DUI hearing. *hic*

6. I resolve to work with neglected children -- my own. Doing much better, but still a little forgetful around their birthdays.

7. I will stop sending e-mail, ICQ, Instant Messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person. Damnit, this one is tough!

8. I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet. This, of course, will be hard -- I'm not a clock watcher. I am screwed.

9. I will read the manual... no more throwing it out the window. Check, I remedied this one by not buying any new software.

10. I will think of a password other than "password." Check, a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y

11. I will not tell the same old story at every get-together -- boring. Check, I've stopped going to get-togethers all together.

12. I will stop considering other people's feelings when they so obviously don't consider mine. Check, I've become a hermit.

13. I will be more imaginative. Still, a work in progress.

14 comments:

  1. These are some good ones and ones that I would have a hard time keeping myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a revealing nightgown and, if so, are you willing to share any pictures of you sitting in your nightgown in the living room? I'm just asking.

    So, you've become a hermit, have you? Funny, I haven't seen you at any of the meetings. That's not surprising because I'm always the only one there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Peach Tart - Being a belle myself, I knew you'd relate.

    @ Joel - Pictures? Not without your credit card number. Uhhh, hermits don't attend meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These could have been mine if I had bothered to write any down. Good going on your progress so far. I've become a hermit too though I'm hoping to break out of that shell next year. I'll have to put that on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New year's resolutions? What a concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny list, especially 1,2 and 11. Also, I am a little concerned that Joel's a perv, so watch your back (he apparently already is).

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Jen - Uh oh, breaking my hermitage? I dunno, it's too easy being a recluse.

    @ nonamedufus - I know, novel idea isn't it?

    @ MikeWJ - Thanks, MikeWJ. Life is like a box of chocolates; (*sighs*) unfortunately, all I got was a box full of nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On December 31, I'm going to plagiarize these resolutions for my own list. But not before... I have to give myself time to adjust to the idea of not following them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gasp!

    You mean we're NOT supposed to use P A S S W O R D as a password?

    Gulp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh god...every one of my resolutions were tossed out the window.. I'm a resolution failure this year..but at least I admit it and can now continue on my way with now worry at all

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ CatLadyLarew - Go for it and good luck!

    @ Quirky - Nope, it's not very secure. Try using your name or birth date, that's the ticket.

    @ Nipsy - Well, when you resort to being a hermit like I have, you tend to obsess over the craziest things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not that I don't love the others, but especially love No. 8. I'm with you: I'm screwed too.

    As for No. 13, you're doing pretty well on that front, from what it looks like here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not managed to keep my resolutions list any of the last 5 years. I will continue using the same list until I get manage to keep all of my resolutions.

    1) Don't make a list of resolutions.

    You can see why I keep failing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ unfinished rambler - I should have set a goal of less than 8 hours, I'm afraid I set myself up to fail. Thank you so much for your kind words - I try.

    @ Carson - Well, actually you are successful if you resolve not to make any resolutions and don't. See, there's the positive spin. Good luck next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Screaming Me-Me!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...