Tuesday, September 29, 2009
The 90 Day Plan
I came across my resolutions for 2009 yesterday. As I read through the list, I noticed I had not quite fulfilled all of the changes I had set for myself. There are roughly 90 days until the clock strikes at midnight for 2010. In the meantime, I am working diligently to complete this list.
1. I will not sit in my living room all day in my nightgown. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom. Well, this one is still a work in progress, maybe I'll just move my bed into the living room.
2. I will no longer waste my time reliving the past, instead I will spend it worrying about the future. Check, I have taken this task a step further, now I don't worry about either.
3. I will do less laundry and use more deodorant. Check, Secret Clinical Strength Sport in the Marathon Fresh scent really works!
4. I will brush my teeth with the bristle end of the brush. Check, no more bleeding gums.
5. Assure my lawyer that I will never again show up drunk at my DUI hearing. *hic*
6. I resolve to work with neglected children -- my own. Doing much better, but still a little forgetful around their birthdays.
7. I will stop sending e-mail, ICQ, Instant Messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person. Damnit, this one is tough!
8. I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet. This, of course, will be hard -- I'm not a clock watcher. I am screwed.
9. I will read the manual... no more throwing it out the window. Check, I remedied this one by not buying any new software.
10. I will think of a password other than "password." Check, a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y
11. I will not tell the same old story at every get-together -- boring. Check, I've stopped going to get-togethers all together.
12. I will stop considering other people's feelings when they so obviously don't consider mine. Check, I've become a hermit.
13. I will be more imaginative. Still, a work in progress.