1. 1941 - Germany invaded the Soviet Union during WWII.
2. 1954 - Actor/Comedian Freddie Prinze was born.
3. 1981 - Mark David Chapman pleaded guilty to killing John Lennon.
4. 1992 - The Supreme Court unanimously that hate-crime laws that ban cross-burning and similar expressions of racial bias violate free-speech rights.
5. 2008 - Comedian George Carlin died at age 71.
Now, on with the festivities.....
The Impartial Panel of Three have handed down their decisions. Those receiving most-honorable mentions for "Caption This!" No. 7 are: Chris, nonamedufus, Lola, Kirsten and Philip Dyer. Thank you everyone for submitting your captions and I hope to see you here again this Friday for another installment.
The envelope please.....
The author of the winning caption is Raymond Betancourt! Be sure to visit Raymond over at The Drive-By Blogger or at Twisted for some more laughs. Raymond takes home The Golden Phallus and 500 EC credits. Congratulations!!!