Monday, June 22, 2009

"Caption This" No. 7: The Winner Is.....

I hope everyone had a great weekend and your time was spent with friends and family. We'll get to this week's winner of Me-Me's Playhouse: "Caption This!" after a few "On This Day In History" events.

1. 1941 - Germany invaded the Soviet Union during WWII.

2. 1954 - Actor/Comedian Freddie Prinze was born.

3. 1981 - Mark David Chapman pleaded guilty to killing John Lennon.

4. 1992 - The Supreme Court unanimously that hate-crime laws that ban cross-burning and similar expressions of racial bias violate free-speech rights.

5. 2008 - Comedian George Carlin died at age 71.

Now, on with the festivities.....

The Impartial Panel of Three have handed down their decisions. Those receiving most-honorable mentions for "Caption This!" No. 7 are: Chris, nonamedufus, Lola, Kirsten and Philip Dyer. Thank you everyone for submitting your captions and I hope to see you here again this Friday for another installment.

The envelope please..... 


The author of the winning caption is Raymond Betancourt! Be sure to visit Raymond over at The Drive-By Blogger or at Twisted for some more laughs. Raymond takes home The Golden Phallus and 500 EC credits. Congratulations!!!


"eHarmony.com.....it really works."


12 comments:

  1. That was truly awesome. Congratulations Raymond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Douglas and thanks to Me-Me and the Impartial Panel of Three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drop by every morning. I love to see what is new. You can not start your day off without some fun. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for visiting Grampys Place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must lead the league in honorable mentions. I'm filing a protest. "Hi, we're the Dyer Boys!" won a couple weeks ago, but when I submitted it THIS time I lost.

    No fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again the bridesmaid! Congrats Raymond. That was a toughie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was awesome. Congrats to Raymond.

    And I guess Chris didn't read my scolding for totally and completely copycatting me for We're The Dyer Boys, so he probably won't read this either.

    But I'm glad he lost! Let's not reward outright plagiarism! heh heh

    (And he calls himself a principal. Yeesh.)

    heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Raymond! That was great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great one Raymond. I am sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Raymond!
    I hate to be a bad sport, but you're goin' down next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Raymond!
    I hate to be a bad sport, but you're goin' down next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, Quirky, I DID read this one, so there. And my "plagiarism" as you call it was simply a nod to your cleverness.

    Funny, though, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's really a very good caption. Seriously. Congrats you lucky bastard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Screaming Me-Me!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...