Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Girl Can Dream, Can't She?

Ahhhh, to live a life of luxury, one can always dream. For those of us who may never accumulate the wealth it would take to do so, there's always the Internet to help us dream.

I do, however, have the luxury of time. Time to browse the Internet to shop for those things that I would have provided I had the means. There are so many "design your own" generators that one can configure their luxury items and, for a moment, live the good life. As you peruse my finds, feel free to click on the links to design your own and on any photo to biggify....that's what moooooog said.

For example, the ultimate dream car.....


That, my friends, is the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport. The color? Why Chocolate, of course. The cost? $2 million. Can you imagine going to the grocery store or picking up the kids from soccer practice in this baby?! This car absolutely screams theme song. Yes, you can program the sound system to play your theme song each and every time you start the engine. Me? I'd play Steppenwolf's Born to be Wild. Note: For you Barry Manilow lovers, I suggest a Chevy Cobalt.

Give me a moment.....the wind in my hair, the roar of the engine, the sound of a police car's siren, the thrust of acceleration as I flee.....yeahhhhh!

Then, there are the simple things. A girl can never have too many shoes. For those of you that may not know, I hung my corporate heels up years ago. Now, on any given day, you'll find a pair of Converse on my feet. No, not the traditional red high tops. I'm talkin' about one the hundreds of designs you can have by just clicking a few buttons.


The cool thing about the Converse generator is you can design every aspect of these shoes: colors, prints, laces, linings, etc. And, if you're really adventurous, you can even personalize them with your own I.D., notice the "Scream" on the side of this shoe. The design? Yes, those are pink skull and crossbones, it's my version of Chanel. The cost? $62. Just think of the hundreds of pairs you could have if money were no object. Pop on over to design yours and don't forget the other members of your family, they'll want 30-40 pairs too.

Well, that's just a couple of examples out there where you can live the dream without leaving your laptop. It's fun, it's easy, it's free. Give it a try. And, for those of you who are dreamers like me, if you have a favorite design generator, please let me know. I just love dreaming.

And, speaking of dreaming, do you dream of winning The Golden Phallus? Join me tomorrow for another edition of Caption This!. Your dreams could come true.

25 comments:

  1. When you say "dream without leaving your laptop" do you mean ... no, never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Joel - Well, you can now design your own robot girl - hair, eyes, mouth, etc. Is that where you were going with this? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me-Me: That car is cool. But those shoes are affordable. Say, can you generate money?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Dufus - Affordable if you are buying just a couple of pairs, I'm talking hundreds of pairs. Let's see $62 x 200 = $12,400.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those shoes! They had me at skull and crossbones!

    Absolutely diggin' them!

    Now where to find oodles of moolah. Hmm. I'll get back with you on THAT one. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Quirky - Really, as I was designing this pair I thought, "Quirky is gonna love these". No, really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can tell a dreamer from a realist. A dreamer would say, "Boy, how good would I look tooling down the road in that Bugatti?" The realist is like, "Hell, I couldn't afford the gas for it. I'll stick with Barry Manilow."

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Don - Now, Don, I never figured you for a Barry Manilow type of guy. What would the guys on the job site say?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Admit it...you ordered the shoes, right? Will you model them when they arrive? Come on! Love the pink and the "scream" along the side.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Buggys - I've been waiting for someone to call me on this. Yes, I did, just last night. They were having a sale - 20% off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Converse generator and the Buggati. However, I'd send the nanny to pick up the kids at soccer practice, while I was on my way to Nordstrom's doing 90 in my Buggati with hi tech radar detector.

    Please clarify, "the thrust" of what?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Lauren - Atta girl!

    No, I will not, but thanks for asking.

    @ Geek Girl - Your welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those shoes. If I had an extra 2 mil lying around I'd probably buy more shoes than a Bugatti but it is a sweeeeet looking ride.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like the car, your choice of engine starting tune but the pink color of the shoes. Eh, no. Skulls and crossbones design? Of course!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The hell with the sneakers, I want two Bugatti Veyron Grand Sports. I know you can actually pick them up for $1.5 mill a piece. That is THE car and yes I would be happy with just one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice sneaks! As well as a much more attainable dream for me (-:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Me-Me! A $2M chocolate Bugatti? Good grief, it'll have to wait til payday. Still... Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like the car, but I would give it up for the Golden Phallus!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So diggin' those shoes. Love Gwen Stefani's "If I were a rich girl..." Now that's my theme song.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't have anything clever to say, I'd just really like that car -- even if I had to wear those tennis shoes to get it. That's one of the coolest cars I've ever seen. As soon as this Depression is over, that's the first thing I'm going to buy for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Car is just beautiful. Loved the color. Now I would want a Cop chase too. But only till the time they catch me due to my lousy driving... lol
    The shoes are amazing. Every part of it is customizable. That's cool!
    Have a good day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Because I dream BIG, the first thing I'd purchase when I win the MegaMillion lottery would be my very own arcade Skee Ball game. With the ticket dispenser. Yep, I'm a Dreamer.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so going to Converse and design me some purty shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by The Screaming Me-Me!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...