Happy Monday! Yep, it's Monday.....again.
To kick off today's post, I thought you might be interested in checking out the brand new look over at Humor Bloggers Dot com. Chelle has done an awesome job redesigning the site of the funniest bloggers on the planet. Thanks Chelle!
I'd also like to share a few "On This Day In History" events with you before we get to the winning caption for Me-Me's Playhouse: "Caption This! No. 5. Salute!
1. 1867 - Architect Frank Lloyd Wright was born.
2. 1923 - Comedian Joan Rivers was born.
3. 1944 - Singer/songwriter Box Scaggs was born.
4. 1953 - The Supreme Court ruled that restaurants in the District of Columbia could not refuse services to blacks.
5. 1987 - Fawn Hall, secretary to National Security aide Oliver L. North, testified at the Iran-Contra hearings, saying she helped to shred some documents.
Now, on with the show.....
This installment of "Caption This!" brought in some hilarious responses. The Impartial Panel of Three decided that the following deserve a most-honorable mention: Jenn Thorson, nonamedufus, Haley, Phillipa and My Daily List. A BIG thank you to all that participated, hope to see you here again on Friday.
May I have the envelope please?
The Impartial Panel of Three have the pleasure of announcing the winning caption for this installment. In fact, they were rolling on the floor....literally. The winning author takes home the lovely Golden Phallus plus 500 EC credits.
And, the winner is.....
Quirky Loon!!! Be sure to visit that zany loon over at Musings Of A Quirky Loon today for some side-splitting laughter. Congratulations!!!
"Hi, we're The Dyer Boys!"
In case you haven't caught their act, drop by and pay a visit with The Dyer Boys - you'll be glad you did.