Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
I have a few "One This Day In History" events to share with you before I get to the winning caption for Me-Me's Playhouse: "Caption This!" No. 6.
1. 1836 - Arkansas became the 25th state.
2. 1932 - Former governor Mario Cuomo was born.
3. 1969 - The variety show Hee Haw premiered on CBS.
4. 1992 - Vice-President Dan Quayle erroneously instructed a Trenton, NJ elementary school student to spell potato as "potatoe" during a spelling bee.
5. 1996 - Singer Ella Fitzgerald dies at age 78.
Now, on with the show.....
Wow, The Impartial Panel of Three came back to me very early this morning with the winning caption. Joel F, one of the illustrious panel members, gave me the run down of those deserving a most-honorable mention, they are: Joel K, Bonnie Story, Winky Tinky, nonamedufus and Chris. Congratulations! I hope everyone will join me again this Friday for another hilarious installment of Me-Me's Playhouse: "Caption This!" It'll be fun!
May I have the envelope please.....
The winning author taking home The Golden Phallus and 500 EntreCard credits for "Caption This!" No. 6 is Haley over at Talk of the Dog. Be sure to pop over to get her views from the perspective as a 10-yr. old mix-breed dog. If you're into humor, you'll definitely enjoy her blog. Congratulations, Haley!
"Billy Elliot - the war years."